Monday, February 7, 2011

Infinite Sorrow is fun

I love new roads. Going on a trek in unexplored terrain excites me and reminds me why I love bike riding so much.

Last Sunday I had a tough choice to make. I was either going to race the last series in the Haymarket Winter League or go on a training ride with my new bike team, Bicycle Outfitters Racing. I have really enjoyed the HWL rides and I knew it would help my training, but I also knew that I would be alone in the peloton......misery loves company....you know the story. A few guys on BOR were looking for any takers on a Sunday morning ride and suggested they hit the "infinite sorrow loop". Well I am a sucker for marketing and was instantly intrigued. Once I saw the route with 6,000 feet of climbing in 70 miles I was game.

After some discussion it worked out that only Pat Green and myself were going to take on this beast of a route. Pat is a very strong rider and has a bad habit of showing up for road rides with his trusty cross bike. Well, he didn't disappoint and he hammered out some some tough terrain on that tank. He wrote up a real nice description of the day here:
http://cadenceandcogs.blogspot.com

This is my Garmin info:


When Pat decides to switch over to his roadie he will be a monster.

I broke out the new Chronus for this ride and was very impressed. More on that later.

I want to do this ride again, great scenery, variety of terrain including some gravel. I want to add Mt. Weather to this route. That will give us even more climbing with about the same mileage. 7-8000 feet of climbing in one loop is tough to beat and would be an epic training effort.

Good ride, good solid work, good company, and good day.

1 comment:

David V said...

When's the next ride for this route leaving??